Sunday, May 14, 2023

AB SP 2023 Weekly Reflection #1

5/14:

My first week of senior project taught me a lot about my topic and time management. I learned how to be more comfortable with interviewing people, and that I didn’t need to get nervous about it. I learned how to manage my organization better outside of a school environment, both literally and figuratively. I also learned sometimes things will get in the way and you just have to work around them. Once I got past the nerves, I really enjoyed interviewing people. I felt I had some really productive conversations with people and found myself having fun without even realizing it. I also love writing so I had fun doing the write ups on the interviews. I had expected some people to say no to interviews, but I didn’t expect people to say yes and then change their mind so I was taken a bit by surprise when that happened. I also didn't realize I had so many appointments this week and that I would be sick one day so I really had to figure out how to keep getting hours while also dealing with that. I also didn’t think I would be nervous before interviews, as I’ve done a few in the past. Other than that, everything was as I expected. I expected to enjoy the writing and interviewing, and that I would be very time consumed, and that all was true. This week's activities have benefited me in multiple ways. I was able to step more into a field that I'm interested in and was fulfilled by doing so. On a larger scale, I definitely got more comfortable in public and talking to random people, which is something I've struggled with for a long time. What I've participated in this week has helped me achieve my goals of becoming more experienced in journalism and interviewing people, and I can’t wait for next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

AB SP 2023 Day 14 - Tuesday May 23

 Today was the last day of senior project. I spent my day finishing my slides and paper. I also then went through all my write ups and my sl...